Our first podcast in the series of round-table informal discussions on the topics of the day kicks off with a look back at Friday night’s Meteor Music Awards 2008 from a band who won an award on the night and a look forward to the Choice Music Prize Irish album of the year event taking place next Wednesday.
Joining the State Podcast are Johnny, Niamh and Podge from Ham Sandwich, the aforemented winners of the Meteors Hope for 2008 Award, Our editor Phil Udell, State contributor Tanya Sweeney and presenter JJ Worrall (of the Okey Dokey Football blog).
Our chat takes in:
- Podge defending Boyzone’s performance.
- Snickers bars stolen from Westlife’s dressing room.
- Accusations of Aslan fans stuck in the stone-age.
- Charlize Theron and Stuart Townsend wowing “the hobbits” backstage.
- An after-show conversation with Damien Duff. He was funny and langered, apparently.
- Tanya’s experience as a Choice Music Prize judge.
Subscribe to Podcast in iTunes:
Podcast RSS Feed:
Don’t forget to check our other podcast series: State Mix in which musicians submit a mix for the pleasure of all ears. Nouveaunoise kicked things off.