State Mix #3 has a summery feel thanks to Dublin’s T-Woc who has kindly gifted us a 33 minute Brazilian mix. T-Woc himself explains:
This is a mix of carnival tunes I picked up in a sweaty basement record store in Salvador, Brasil when i was there a few years ago. They are all from the 70s, most of the covers had pretty much disintegrated in the humidity but the music on the vinyl stayed intact. You probably wouldn’t get a CD to last half that long in those conditions, and they’d probably have stopped making the power adapters for your mp3 player in half that time again 🙂
T-Woc is co-founder of The Alphabet Set, DJ, producer, record collector and general fan of all good music but particularly reggae, dub, electronic, hip hop and mashed up beats. He also helps organise the Mantua Festival.
You can catch T-Woc ar an raidio every Saturday night from midnight to 1.30am all over Dublin city and suburbs on Raidio Na Life, 106 FM or on a live internet stream.
- Tiao Motorista – Manhu De Carnaval
- Os Batuguerios E Os Mulatos – Tristeza Pe No Chao
- Aparecida – Untitled
- Aparecida – 17 Ano
- Os Batuguerios E Os Mulatos – Boa Noite
- Aparecida – Boa Noite
- Depois Do Carnaval – Se Na For Por Amor
- Jorge Veige – Faustina
- Gilberto Montenegro – A Marcha Do Gut Gut
- Retalhos De Cetim – Naquela Mesa
- Darcy Da Manguera – Samba Do Traba Llador