Formed in the aftermath of The Chalets along with an ex-member of Neosupervital, Talulah Does The Hula (named after an ill-fated nine year old child from New Zealand) are Dublin’s newest chic musical ensemble who share a passion of “the tropics, harmonies, bouffants, sex, sunshine, outdoor drinking and of course wickedly clever and sexy pop tunes”. That last one is the important one in this equation.
Having released their debut double A-side single ‘Bad Boyfriend’/’Those Girls’, the five-piece will be playing a couple of shows towards the end of next month – 29th August in Spring and Airbrake, Belfast and the 3rd September in The Odessa Club with Disconnect 4.
This mix is brought to you by the band’s Jessie Love Action who does a weekly mix on her blog. Nice.
- New Order – Ceremony
- Friendly Fires – Ex-Lover
- Delphine – La Fermeture Eclair
- Dolly Mixture – My Rainbow Valley
- Orange Juice – Falling and Laughing
- The Fall – C.R.E.E.P.
- Visitors – Bliss
- Pink Grease – Ordinary Girl
- Pulp – Babies
- The Crystals – He’s a Rebel
- Lee Hazelwood & Nancy Sinatra – Some Velvet Morning