Aiken Promotions are proud to present’¦
PLUS SPECIAL GUESTS
LIVE AT THOMOND PARK, LIMERICK
Tickets on sale Monday March 15th @ 9am!
Gates: 2.30pm/Show 8.30pm
Aiken Promotions are proud to announce a second show for Thomond Park in the guise of the legendary Bob Dylan. Bob will take to the stage at the Munster Stadium on July 4th. Tickets are €81.25, €70.70 & €60.00 Euro Seated & €65.70 GA on sale Monday March 15th @ 9am through Ticketmaster and other usual outlets nationwide. Booking Line: 0818 719 300.
Columbia Records released Bob Dylan’s studio album Together Through Life last April which received universal critical acclaim. Together Through Life was produced under the pseudonym Jack Frost, prompted by the composition of a new song, ‘Life Is Hard,’ which was written for a forthcoming film by French director Oliver Dahan (La Vie En Rose)
Together Through Life, was the 46th release from Bob Dylan, and follows 2006’s Platinum album Modern Times, which debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top 200 and reached the top of the charts in seven additional countries and the Top 5 in 22 countries around the world and spent 2 weeks at No.1 in Ireland.
Bob Dylan’s three previous studio albums have been universally hailed as among the best of his storied career, achieving new levels of commercial success and critical acclaim for the artist. The Platinum-selling Time Out Of Mind from 1997 earned multiple Grammy Awards, including Album Of The Year, while ‘Love and Theft’ which was no.2 album of the decade in Newsweek and No.1 album of the decade in Uncut Magazine continued Dylan’s Platinum streak and earned several Grammy nominations and a statue for Best Contemporary Folk album. His most recent studio work, ‘Together Through Life’ went straight into the Irish Charts at No.1 and became one of his biggest albums worldwide, selling more than 5 million copies and earning Dylan two more Grammys.
Those three studio albums fell within a ten-year creative span that also included:
· An Oscar and Golden Globe win for, ‘Things Have Changed,’ written for the film Wonder Boys
· A worldwide bestselling memoir; Chronicles, which spent 19 weeks on the New York Times Best Seller List in 2001
· A Martin Scorsese-directed documentary, No Direction Home in 2004
· Several volumes of the best-selling Bootleg Series, which culminated in last year’s highly-acclaimed Tell Tale Signs in 2005
· Dylan was awarded a special Pulitzer Prize in 2008 for ‘his profound impact on popular music and American culture, marked by lyrical compositions of extraordinary poetic power.’
· He was also the recipient of the Kennedy Center Honors in 1997, The French Commandeur des Arts et des Lettres in 1990, Sweden’s Polar Music Award in 2000 and numerous other awards and accolades.
For more information please check: www.bobdylan.com
Bob Dylan Live @ Thomond Park, Limerick this July 4th. Tickets are €81.25, €70.70, €60.00 Euro Seated & €65.70GA on sale Monday March 15th @ 9am through Ticketmaster and other usual outlets nationwide. Booking Line: 0818 719 300.