SUZANNE VEGA has confirmed a return to Europe this autumn including dates at Vicar St Dublin on Friday 22 October and Belfast’s Empire Music Hall on Saturday 23 October. Tickets on sale now
In 1985, singer/songwriter Suzanne Vega released her stunning self-titled debut album. 25 years and 7 million albums sold later, Suzanne is widely regarded as one of the most brilliant songwriters of her generation.
Suzanne is reinterpreting and re-recording her catalogue in an acoustic, intimate, and personal manner, and releasing them as 4 new thematic albums over the course of 2010-2011. The first is Suzanne Vega Close-Up, Vol 1, Love Songs, which includes stripped down versions of her influential hit song Marlene On the Wall, the bossa nova favourite Caramel and many more. The second release in this special series Suzanne Vega Close-Up, Vol 2, People and Places is due for release on 4 October.
· Suzanne has sold over 7 million albums worldwide and received 7 Grammy Nominations
· Beauty & Crime, her 2007 release, was one of the year’s best reviewed albums
· Her self-titled debut album was also a major sensation in the UK and her second album, Solitude Standing, featured the runaway hit “Luka,” and went platinum.
· Suzanne has collaborated with a vastly diverse group of artists from Leonard Cohen to Danger Mouse.
· Suzanne writes regularly for the New York Times.
· Suzanne’s huge hit Tom s Diner has been remixed upwards of 25 times (including most famously by DNA,but also Will Smith, REM, Tupac, Jars of Clay, Destiny’s Child, Lil Kim, and Ludacris)