- St. Vincent has been announced as special guest at the Grizzly Bear show at Vicar St on November 1st. Good news indeed.
- Having postponed their May date at The Academy 2, Future Of The Left will play the same venue on August 27th. Tickets priced at €12 including booking fee are available now through all outlets. Support will come from Belfast’s Panama Kings. All tickets purchased for the previous date are fully valid.
- Fearghal McKee and Colm Hassett of Whipping Boy are back with new band Fearghal McKee and the Shitty Shit Shits (or SSS) and they play this Sunday in the Think Tank (formerly the Hub) as part of the Holy Joe’s Infernal Cabaret. Holy Joe’s is a free gig every Sunday which takes place between 4pm and 9pm and consists of five acts. Each act is recorded for the GigEvent podcast on Mixtape.ie. Listen to two songs here.
- Recent Dan Deacon support Future Islands return to Upstairs @ Whelan’s on Sep 9th, Doors 8pm. Tickets €12 plus booking fee from WAV Box-Office (Lo-Call 1890 200 078), City Discs, Sound Cellar, www.tickets.ie, Ticketmaster outlets nationwide.
- Devotchka play Crawdaddy next Monday the 10th of August with support from Autumn Owls. Tickets €16/20 available from Ticketmaster, City Discs, Sound Cellar and usual outlets.
- Phantom’s First Friday returns to The Academy on August 7th with The Rags, The Minutes, Orphan Code and London’s Ghostcat followed by the best indie and alternative sounds from Phantom DJs Michelle Doherty and Derek Byrne til late. Doors open at 8pm and admission is Free before 10pm ( €5 after).
- Swedish metallers Opeth will lay The Olympia Theatre on October 13th. Tickets from €30 including booking fee go on sale this Monday 3rd August.
- The Low Anthem have been confirmed as support for Ray LaMontagne at The Gaiety Theatre in Dublin on Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th September. Tickets on sale now priced 44.20 euro including booking fee.
- The Noisettes show at the Button Factory on Saturday 10th October ’09 has now been moved to Vicar St. All tickets for the Button Factory show will be valid for Vicar St. Tickets are €16 on sale now.
by Niall Byrne / August 4th, 2009 /