This year’s Slane show is nearly upon us, with Kings Of Leon playing the historic venue on May 28th. In advance of the show, promoters MCD and the Gardai have released the following information:
Plan your approach to SLANE based on the following:
• As traffic and parking delays are inevitable you are strongly advised to use public transport or car pool.
• It is strongly recommended that you leave plenty of time if driving to and from the venue.
• Plan your route in advance and check the AA Roadwatch website for reports on traffic, road works, delays etc. on your route
• For latest live show day traffic updates telephone AA Roadwatch 1550 131 811 (AA Roadwatch premium rates apply) or tune in to RTÉ 2fm.
• Please consult signs on the approach roads to the venue for directions on the best routes to take.
• From Dublin and the South take M50 to the M1 and exit at Slane exit. Follow signs for concert.
• From Drogheda take N51 to Slane & follow signs for concert.
• From Northern Ireland and Ulster Counties take M1 and exit at Dunleer / Collon exit. Follow signs for concert.
• From Navan & the West take N51 to Slane. Follow signs for concert.
• People with impaired mobility should only approach from Navan via the N51 in order to access designated car parks beside concert site.
For details please see www.mcd.ie
• Private coaches should not use N51 from Drogheda to Slane Village, there is no coach parking on this road. Walk from concert site to Private coach
points may take time.
• Dublin Bus will have a designated drop off and collection point on the N2 at Slane Bridge. Return journeys by Dublin Bus will only be available from
this collection point and a serviced queuing area will be provided.
• Car Parking: Please use car parks provided. As per all previous Slane concerts local independently operated car parks will open from 12.00 noon and a parking charge will apply. Please allow for a 20 – 30 minute walk to concert site.
PLEASE USE PUBLIC TRANSPORT
As traffic and parking delays are inevitable you are strongly advised to use public transport or car pool. It is strongly recommended that you leave plenty of time if driving to and from the venue.
Please make use of special transportation arrangements:
Dublin Bus: Dublin Buses depart between 12.00 -16.00hrs from Parnell Square West outside the Rotunda, Dublin every 20 mins, returning from Slane straight after the concert. Tickets priced e20 when purchased in advance from Ticketmaster outlets or online: www.ticketmaster.ie or www.dublinbus.ie.
Tel Dublin Bus (01) 8734222 for information. Tickets priced at e25 when purchased on the day of the concert.
For latest live show day traffic updates telephone AA Roadwatch 1550 131 811 (AA Roadwatch premium rates apply) or tune in to RTÉ 2fm.
Nationwide privately operated transport: For information on private local bus transport to and from event please contact your nearest Ticketmaster agent for details.
THIS IS AN OUTDOOR EVENT. CONCERT WILL TAKE PLACE RAIN OR SHINE.
• Please dress appropriately and always be prepared for the Irish weather… so check the weather forecast and if necessary, bring wellies.
• Note that under 16s are to be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian
• Respect the property and privacy of the residents in the vicinity of Slane
• For your own safety please co-operate with the instructions of Gardaí an
stewards and follow any public address announcements. Move slowly and quietly
while exiting the concert and cooperate with the instructions of the stewards’
• Please note that catering and bar facilities will be available in the concert site.
• Photo ID is required for sale of alcohol at event. You are not permitted to bring
alcohol onto the concert site and there will be searches in place.
• Note that official merchandise will be available within the concert only
• Note the concert is being recorded for audio and visual broadcast
• Note location of Information Point, First Aid & Water points
• Wear bright clothes or luminous armbands when walking in the dark.
• Do not bring alcohol, glass, cans, fireworks, laser pens or pointers, spikes, studs
or anything dangerous, umbrellas, poles, fold up or blow up chairs or
garden furniture, professional audio or visual recording equipment – you will
not be allowed access the venue with any of these items and there are no lockers
• Do not park illegally. Towing in operation. Please follow signs to carparks.
• Do not buy tickets from unofficial sources.
• Do not rush the exits after the concert.
• Do not crowd surf or mosh as you will be removed from the venue without refund.
ABSOLUTELY NO OVERNIGHT CAMPING.
NO QUEUING BEFORE 12.00 NOON – PLEASE NOTE TIMES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE
12:00 CAR PARKS OPEN
13.00 CONCERT GATES OPEN
13:30 THE WHIGS
15.45 WHITE LIES
17.00 THIN LIZZY
COUNTERFEIT TICKET WARNING
• Concert tickets are sold out, do not buy tickets from unofficial sources
• If you have not purchased your ticket from an official Ticketmaster outlet it may be a forgery
• Tickets can be checked in advance of the concert at any Ticketmaster outlet nationwide.
• Please note on showdays stringent security checks will becarried out on every ticket and anyone found in possession of counterfeit tickets will not be admitted and may be prosecuted.