Update: The festival has been postponed. See statement from the website This not affect Gill Scott-Heron’s planned show on May 2nd.
Immediately following the announcement of the date of the British general election as May 6th, a number of key UK-based speakers and hosts who had been booked for MindField became unavailable due to TV schedule commitments that were more demanding of their time than had been anticipated for the weekend of April 30th – May 2nd. We have taken the decision to postpone the MindField event until later in the year when we hope to programme a full event rather than proceed without a number of our high profile speakers. Full refunds for all shows are available from point of purchase.
The MindField Festival has announced its schedule of discussion and interactive events to take place over the May Bank Holiday weekend (30th April -2nd May) at the Mindfield website.
Notable events include:
- The Politics and Ethics of Sport – Alastair Campbell with Denis Hickie, Eamon Dunphy, Gary O’Toole, Avril Doyle €25 – Tripod – Friday 30th April, 6pm – 7:30pm
- Does Music Matter Anymore? BP Fallon with Simon Napier-Bell, Gil Scott-Heron and special guests. €35 – Tripod – Saturday 1st May, 7pm – 8:30pm.
- Mavericks: Living on the Edge: Olaf Tyaransen with John Cooper-Clarke, Sebastian Horsley, DBC Pierre and special guests €30 – Tripod – Saturday 1st May, 9pm-10:30pm.
- Rock Poetry and Poetry that Rocks with Judith Mok, Mick Pyro & Guests €10 – Crawdaddy – Saturday 1st May, 5pm – 6:30pm.
- Leviathan Special: A New Republic? David McWilliams with Special Guests €30 – Sunday 2nd May – Tripod, 6pm-7:30pm.
Gil-Scott Heron plays Tripod on the 2nd of May.
Tickets €5 to €35 including booking fee available from Ticketmaster.